Learning the tricks in Molecular Genetics

IGIB has a major research focus on Genomics and Molecular Medicine. It is great platform for all the clinicians as well as researchers to understand the basics of molecular medicine. IGIB provides a great exposure in terms of wet lab as well as bioinformatics.

I was provided a complete access to the departments, lectures and various internal activities. I was trained from the basics of bioinformatics including preprocessing to final analysis. A complete hand on experience with the bioinformatics team was a part of my curriculum which was most helpful to me being from a medical background. I was personally addressed by all the projects in charges regarding their topics of research. Being from an oncology background, I got to understand the biology, workflow of several rare germ line diseases which helped me understand the utility of these technologies in other fields of medicine. Apart from that I also had an opportunity to closely observe various research modules like iPSC, Zebrafish model system.

A complete hand on experience with the bioinformatics team was a part of my curriculum which was most helpful to me being from a medical background

I am highly grateful to Dr. Vinod Scaria and Dr. Sridhar Sivasubbu and their whole team for this magnificent experience. For all the individuals who are keen in research work, it is one of the perfect places to visit. The overall ambience and work culture is thoroughly admirable.

Dr. Pragya Gupta (MBBS, MD Pathology)
Post Doctoral Fellow, Molecular Genetics
Tata Medical Center, Kolkata, India

Comments